- 1/2 jar (20 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded chicken breast
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells (8 oz.)
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh basil leaves
Spread about 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce in ungreased rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle garlic salt on chicken. Insert chicken into UNCOOKED (yeah!) manicotti shells, stuffing from each end of shell to fill if necessary. Place shells on spaghetti sauce in dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over shells, covering completely.
If you are eating this right away, sprinkle with cheese, cover and bake about 1 hour or until shells are tender and chicken is cooked.
If you freeze it, FREEZE without cheese on top. Thaw and then put on cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
(compliments to Traci Sallman for a great “complicated” meal)