- Bag of bean sprouts (thick ones that crunch when you eat them)
- 5 julienned carrots
- 4 stalks julienned celery
- Shitaki mushrooms (buy them dried and soak them)
- 1 pound pork, in strips
- 4 bundles bean vermicelli noodles
- dash of white pepper
- 1 package spring roll shells
- flour and water mixture for sealing
Stir fry pork. Add vegetables and cook until tender. Let mixture cool. Make rolls by laying shell flat, turned so that it looks like a diamond in front of you. Add meat and vegetable mixture (maybe 2 spoonfuls, don’t over stuff). Fold the sides in first and then roll from the bottom to the top. Dab flour and water mixture on the end to seal it. Diagram shown below. Fry rolls in peanut or canola oil over medium heat.
Add equal parts of:
- Green Onion
- Soy Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce (LeeKomKee )
Made and shared with me by the lovely Samantha Liu (spring rolls) and Peggy Tsai (dipping sauce). One of the best Asian dishes I’ve ever tasted! Thank you!