- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup warm water
- olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of your frying pan)
Mix the turkey, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, salt, pepper, egg, and water in a medium sized bowl. Mix with a fork. Lightly form the meatballs into 2 inch balls.
Place meatballs in the refrigerator for about an hour to rest. To cook the meatballs, pour olive oil into frying pan to coat the bottom. Brown the meatballs, turning carefully with a fork to brown all sides. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain off oil. Makes about 24 balls. (This recipe is adapted from the Buns In My Oven lady, and it is goooood.)
- 1 cup (or small can) fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, pureed with a stick blender
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- basil, oregano, italian seasonings to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened (zapped in the microwave for 20 seconds)
Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic together until cooked down. Add all spices and tomato products. Add water until you have the desired consistency of your sauce. Simmer on low until it’s time to eat!
Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti. Add some flare with homemade breadsticks!
(This adapted recipe and one whose roots originate from my dad, the chef of our household back in the day!)