- 1 batch brownies, cooled and cut into 1 in squares
- 1 1/2 cups strongly brewed coffee
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 1 cup raspberries (I use frozen and lay them out on a paper towel to soak up some of the moisture before adding to the trifle)
Toss the brownies with 1/2 cup of coffee. In a large bowl, beat remaining coffee with the cream cheese with a mixer until well blended. Add whipped
topping and mix in chocolate pudding powder.
Place half the brownies in the bottom of your trifle bowl. Then pour half of the java mixture over top of the brownies. Layer half of the raspberries on top of that, and then add the second layer of all ingredients, ending with the raspberries to adorn the top. Refrigerate for an hour.
For all you coffee haters out there, I assume you could x-nay the coffee and just add an equal amount of milk and a little sugar to the cream cheese instead!
Also, if you are feeling cheap, strawberries are a pretty strong second to raspberries!