- 1 stick butter, unsalted and at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar, or brown sugar of choice
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed banana, super ripe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream (SECRET INGREDIENT)
Sieve together the flour, salt and baking soda then set aside. Cream the butter in the mixer. Once the butter is fluffy, add the sugar and blend the mixture well. Then, add each egg, blending in between.
Mix in one third of the dry ingredients and then one third of the banana.
Repeat twice. Add the vanilla extract. Blend in the sour cream.
Turn the batter into the loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Let batter stand for 15 minutes.Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Turn the finished loaf on to a cooling rack.