Spring break! A week we’ve been looking forward to for many reasons… but mostly because we got to visit our lovely friends, the Wallers! EEEEEK! It’s only been two or three months since they moved to Keller, but sheesh, we’ve missed them like crazy. So thankful we had the time in our schedule to spend four days of our break with some real gems. We didn’t do a ton of crazy sightseeing, the weather wasn’t perfect, and my kid wouldn’t sleep worth a darn, but it was so worth it! I loved being able to just live life with them for a few days, catch up, and see what they’ve been up to. Our days went fast, but good memories were made:
- Amazing food. Lauren is such a good cook. And Jason’s cold brew coffee saved my life. I don’t even remember the last time I stayed up until midnight or made it through a movie. Dewd.
- Lots of basketball. Anyone who knows the Henrys knows that we don’t really get into sports much and the Wallers, well, do. For whatever reason, I joined up with my dad’s bracket group this year and so the competitive spirit in me came out. I actually enjoyed keeping up with the games and like, you know, caring. Basketball was the perfect thing to have on in the background whilst chilling together. And, just saying, my bracket did hit the number one spot in the group a few times.
- Girl time and guy time. One of my goals on the trip was to get to go out and shop at a sweet mall with Lauren. Spring break made for busy stores, but we both found some great deals and updates to our wardrobes. I also found a dress for Holly’s wedding! Woo! And Evie’s flower girl shoes. Mission accomplished! We got to eat lunch at a place called Torchy’s Tacos. These tacos were to freaking die for. Lauren’s first extended (six hour) time away from the house without kids in a year… probably the best time of the trip for me! The guys went out after we got home… they were jealous so they had to go to Torchy’s as well. They hit up Guitar Center and probably some other stuff. Good times! After the kids sacked out, we watched The Martian. I liked!
- Our kiddies did a lot of hanging out in the house since it was pretty cold. We went to a nearby park, went on a short walk to see a peacock, traveled to an indoor play area, went to a city wide easter egg hunt, and stopped by a cute little candy shop during our stay. But Evie sure enjoyed her Huddy time! Not sure if any of his car playing business rubbed off on her, and also not sure that Hudson was really very into make-believing with dollies either. They sure loved being superheroes together in their undies though! And now Evie growls at me. Thanks, Huddy, thanks.
- The last night we went to Roanoke and had an amazing dinner at Reno Red’s. Chicken fried steak, fried okra, banderos, ribs, and cornbread. Yes plz.
- Church at The Mount was the next morning. It was neat to see their new place of ministry, and being able to hear from the Lord during the service was an encouragement to my heart. Shortly after that, we walked back to their home and started packing the truck up. Saying goodbye will probably always be difficult. I made it to the truck without losing it, ha ha!
Thank you so much for a wonderful time together and showing us such grace with your hospitality. May we meet up with you again soon, dear friends!