Time for the good old year-end evaluation. Thanks Andy Addis for the great steps. I thought I’d share a brief summary of your post with everyone in my half of the world.
1. Evaluate. Be honest with how you have done the last year in the following areas:
What am I doing right? What am I doing wrong? Where have I stalled out? Do I already know what to do? Why haven’t I done it? What do I work on right now?
2. Seek God. What does God want for me? Do I desire the same thing?
3. Plan. Proverbs 13:16 says,
“A wise man thinks ahead; a fool doesn’t and even brags about it!” [TLB]
4. Set Goals. Afraid? Failure is much better than doing nothing. Make God-sized goals (Rick Warren). Without goals, you get nowhere and you have nothing to evaulate.
5. Activate. Jesus says, “Engage.” It’s important that we evaluate, seek God, plan and set goals, but it’s all pointless if we don’t do something. It’s all in the application people!